Buying a plot is one of the biggest financial investment in life, therefore one must thoroughly check the Vastu compliance of the plot to ensure all round prosperity. The plot where a building is constructed can affect your happiness, success and prosperity.
Vastu considers the interplay of various forces of nature involving the five elements of earth, water, the wind, fire and ether and strives to maintain equilibrium as these elements influence, guide and change the lifestyles of humans.
Best Plot Selection as per Vastu
A good plot will always be more greener, peaceful, will have provision for a good water source with good soil. The fertile soil is an indication of good soil for construction.
- The plot should always be a square or a rectangular in shape.
- When buying a plot, it is a good idea to trust your instinct and stand a few moments to feel its vibrations. If you feel positive about it, consider buying the land. If not, it is probably not good for you.
- Check the Plot history; it should be a good history. It is best to buy land where happy and successful people have lived.
- Check for the road adjacent to the plot. Plot with pathways on all four sides is considered the best. It ensures health, wealth, prosperity and happiness. The natural reasoning for the logic is because a Plot with roads on all four sides can derive maximum lighting and ventilation from all four sides.
- The next best option is a Plot with roads on the North or East. Such plots generate more positive results because the solar energy from the East and positivity of the North bring in good growth,
- Plots facing a T or Y intersection, where roads or lanes run right into the face of the site from different directions are called Veethii (road) Shool (Arrows). Since it is difficult to comment on the different permutations and combinations of roads, oncoming roads, directions etc, that form the Veedi Shoolas, it is always best to seek advice of an expert to guide you.
The known effect of irregular size plot in life: The following chart shows the different shapes of plots and their effects.
|Shape of the plot||Effects|
|Square (all corners straight and at 90°) shaped||Very auspicious, brings health, wealth and happiness.|
|Rectangular Shaped||Good and auspicious. Brings all round prosperity.|
|Wheel Shaped||Indicates financial stress.|
|Triangular Shaped||Affects progress and causes problems from the government.|
|Cart Shaped||Causes wants and poverty, even imprisonment. The owner has to run here and there like a Cart.|
|Long bar Shaped||Not good if used for cattle shed, the cattle reared here to perish.|
|Hexagon shaped plot||This is considered good if all other Vastu principles are followed. Is said to be helpful in the progress of family members.|
|Elliptical plot (a regular oval shaped)||Loss in many ways like money, women and respect.|
|Polygonal plot (Panch Mukh)||Such plot should not be inhabited before making it a rectangular plot otherwise it will bring legal litigations and false allegations.|
|Octagonal (Astha Kon) plot||Is auspicious and will bring all round prosperity.|
|Pot type plot||People who live on this plot face problems and obstacles for progress.|
|Simha Mukh (lion-faced) like a lion’s face wider in front||Not good for residential purposes. Is very auspicious for the business organisation.|
|Gaumukh (cow faced) like a cows face narrow in front||Auspicious provided the roads are in Southern and Western sides of the plot.|